Thursday, January 20, 2005

 
no more typos in d-i po files

I finally announced the project I've worked on in the past few week (should I say months?!): a set of shell scripts which automatically spellcheck translations (po files) of the d-i using aspell.


Here's the link in case you wanted to take a look:


Within a few hours I got positive feedback and I'm glad I've been asked already things that were just in the back of my mind for a long time:


"could it be used for other projects (kde,gnome)?"


the answer is yes... the thing is not that flexible yet but one day it'll be indeed


"I see a potential for improving the dictionaries as well, to detect missing words."


definitely; I also think we'll see more languages with a debianized aspell dictionary.



Comments:
Grazie Marco!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?